Thursday, October 6, 2011

In preparation to complete Lots O' Homework...

Good day, y'all!

For the past week I've been working on regular school assignments. For one, I met up with my GDW group to do the first Project Management assignment, which we finished over the course of a day. Second, I had to spend almost an all-nighter to complete a knit-tight two page summary of a poorly written article full of malarkey for my Marketing Research course. Thirdly, I've been creating a 3D model of the 2D character I drew a couple of weeks back. I worked a few late nights to complete it for its due date, and then guess what? It gets extended. Yay! So with that, production of the assignment went a little slower, but I figure that with the other upcoming assignments, I should get this model done ASAP! Below is the current look of my model.

Yarrr, I be a head-less lad...
I also have my current progress on the head of the character, which can be seen below!! =D

Hooray! Another image!
And I JUST remembered, I only revealed my prototype drawing of my first modeling assignment character a couple of weeks back. Here it is today, sorry for the delay!

O u fancy, huh?
Anyway, so although the assignment is due the coming Wednesday, I'm going to try to get it done hopefully by tonight, if not, tomorrow. Why? Because I have other homework to do, like the Project Management Assignment 2 due in less than two weeks (October 18th), my Markeing Research assignment due that same day, my Consumer Behaviour assignment due that same day, and my Project Management midterm ON that same day. October 18th is definitely not going to be an easy ride of a day, nor are the days before it. Then a week after that on October 26th, I have my Modeling assignment 3 due! On the same day, I have my Game Engine Design midterm! In order to that midterm, I have to complete a certain number of homework assignments beforehand. A day before the Game Engine Design midterm is my Marketing Research midterm. Finally the day after my Game Engine Design midterm is my Consumer Behaviour midterm. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Mario Greco's October. Huzzah...

Well I guess at least once that's all over, I have nothing but MIGS (Montreal International Game Summit) to look forward to! So in short, my criteria is the following displayed below:

If I complete my homework in a productive and tardy manner, I will go to MIGS looking like the guy on the left. If not, I will go to MIGS looking like the guy on the right.
Apparently Jason Rohrer (maker of games Passage, Gravitation, and Between) is going to make a keynote appearance at MIGS. That man is a game design inspiration to me, so I cannot ask my questions looking like that guy on the right. Therefore, homework must be done. No reminiscing on Facebook or working on side projects like I did last year. Now it's time to get stuff done, YEAHHH!!! =D

See you next week!
P.S. In case you missed the game design critique last week, here it is again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4we8iFk-fY

References:

"Yao Ming TrollFace." Graphic. Web. 6 Oct 2011. .

"Okay Meme Face." Graphic. Web. 6 Oct 2011. .

"CASTLEVANIA 2: SIMON's QUEST by the Angry Nintendo Nerd - Cinemassacre.com." Graphic. James Rolfe. Cinemassacre, 2006. Web. 6 Oct 2011. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment below: