Thursday, October 13, 2011

MARIO, Y U NO USE WILDMAGIC++ YET?

Good day, ladies and gents.

I have finally completed my 3D model, which you can see below!

Some people have suggested that he looks like me. The character is supposed to be 12. Does that imply that I look like a 12 year old? Sad face... :(
It hasn't been UV textured yet (as in the 2D image that is usually plastered on the 3D model to make it look more realistic), but that will be done for Assignment 3, which again is the same day as my Game Engine Design midterm.

Speaking of that course, I am to complete enough homework questions in order to do the midterm. If I fail to do so, the weight of the midterm will go to the final exam. In order to do the final exam, I'll have to do even more homework questions. So I must get cracking now.

But how can I do that when I have two group projects due this upcoming Tuesday, and a midterm on that same day? Then the next week I have another group project due, modeling assignment 3, and my other three midterms, including Game Engine Design. Also what about working on the GDW, and reading the books I spent lots of money on? Time management, why do you hate me?

Reminiscing on homework workload aside, in order to do the Game Engine Design homework questions, I must get familiar with game engine "Wild Magic ++". In case you don't know what an engine is, it's basically a system of baseline nitty-gritty functions which aids the programmer in making games. Then that engine can be used to make other games, instead of having to make each and every game from pure coding languages which would take forever. Imagine having to construct a graphics engine like OpenGL or DirectX from the ground up for every game? We'd all kill ourselves. Well except maybe a friend of mine Daniel Buckstein; that guy is hardcore. Can I has cookie for referring you?

Making friends look good in a blog that people probably barely read including that friend himself aside, WildMagic++ is an engine that Mario Greco must use to avoid hot water. Moral of the story, hot water burns, and I don't want to get burned like I did in 2nd year.

Close-up of my 3D model. Not to sound arrogant at all, I'm actually really pleased with the way it turned out. Such things usually don't happen to me, so perhaps 3rd year will be my year of success? Hopefully...
And no I did not structure the last sentence to invoke a desire in my readers to pull out a violin and play it.
So that's about it, the past week I think I put too much effort into my model while leaving everything else behind. Now I must do those things I left behind.

Until next week, see you all later!! =D
P.S. Watch this for the lulz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oGTkzyoOpNs

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment below: