Thursday, March 3, 2011

GDW Progress 2 (somewhat...)

Hello, here's just to show what exactly I have on screen for my GDW game:


Yeah, that's basically the PGM assignment that I was required to do for my Graphics class. I wrote around 1350 lines of code for that assignment. I'm sure most people in the class (if not, all) wrote a hell of a lot less than that to complete the assignment, but I wrote more to make the lighting more dynamic. I wrote a LightManager class that automatically handles functions to do with lighting in the OpenGL graphics engine. However it's still buggy, and more functions need to be written.

Other than that, I have a TextureManager class that handles all texture mapping to 3D objects. Only problem is that I haven't tested it yet; I simply copied and pasted old code from another project of mine, and refined it to make it more dynamic and easy to use. It functions on an engine called DevIL (which stands for "DEVeloper's Image Library", not Satan, relax).

I also created a SoundManager class that functions on the FMod Sound System. However I feel that there's still some polishing needed, and then I plan to check it with the Sound and Audio TA to ensure that I'm using FMod to its full potential.

So yeah that's about it. There's no "game" as of yet, but my primary goal right now is to perfect the Texture, Sound, and Light Managers. However before then, I have to complete my Business Pitch assignment, and study for my graphics midterm. Oh the woes of a university student...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Comment below: